Do you want to boost your hair growth? Try these homemade hair growth oil recipes to get long, thick, lustrous locks.
While we all dream of having long, healthy rapunzel-like hair, maintaining it can be challenging. Have you tried multiple expensive hair growth treatments and products without much success? It’s time to turn towards grandmother-approved oil champi and brew some hair oils in your kitchen to strengthen your mane and boost hair growth. I have gathered three homemade hair growth recipes that are easy to use and provide incredible results.
Coconut and curry leaves homemade hair growth oil
If you are struggling with damaged, lifeless hair, you must try this oil. Made with the simplest ingredients, easily found in your kitchen, this homemade hair growth oil will deeply nourish your hair and protect them from further damage, thus boosting hair growth. Curry leaves have been used for centuries to treat hair loss because they are a great source of vitamin B. Coconut oil also contains a lot of fatty acids, which nourish hair follicles and encourage hair growth. Here’s how you can make this oil:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup curry leaves
- Dry the curry leaves in indirect sunlight for two days.
- Add coconut oil to a medium-sized pan and heat over low flame.
- Add the curry leaves to the oil and heat the mixture until the leaves change colour.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Strain the mixture and transfer it to a glass bottle or container.
Massage this homemade hair growth oil onto your roots. You can even apply it to your hair if it is dry. After three hours or an overnight application, rinse it off with shampoo.
Hibiscus homemade hair growth oil
If you are looking for an all-natural option to boost your hair growth, this herbal oil, infused with hibiscus and other hair growth-boosting ingredients, is a fantastic option. Hibiscus flowers are well known for promoting hair growth, preventing hair fall, and delaying hair greying. They are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and other hair-nourishing nutrients. Furthermore, iron and protein, two nutrients necessary for hair growth, are abundant in fenugreek seeds. This blend, when combined with coconut oil, will give your hair an exquisite shine, prevent split ends, and promote hair growth.
- 6 hibiscus flowers(without stalks)
- 8 hibiscus leaves
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Thoroughly wash the hibiscus flowers and dry them in sun for some time.
- Grind the hibiscus flowers and leaves into a fine paste.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium-sized pan and add the hibiscus paste.
- Add the fenugreek seeds to the mixture.
- After incorporating all the ingredients into the oil, turn off the heat and let it cool. Transfer the mixture to a glass bottle or jar after straining.
Apply this homemade hair growth oil at least once a week. For best results, I recommend steaming your scalp or using a hot towel before applying the oil.
Amla and almond homemade hair growth oil
Made with two potent hair growth-boosting ingredients, this natural concoction will help you maintain a healthy main without any effort. Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry, is a great source of vitamin C, which supports healthy hair growth, strengthens hair follicles, and reduces hair loss. Vitamin E, which is abundant in almond oil, helps to hydrate the scalp and enhance the texture of the hair.
- 1/1 cup of amla powder
- 1 cup almond oil
- Mix almond oil and amla powder in a pan.
- Heat this mixture on low flame for a few minutes.
- Remove from the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Strain the mixture and transfer it to a glass bottle or jar.
Gently massage this homemade hair growth oil onto your scalp and hair. For best results, I recommend leaving it for one to two hours or overnight. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo to avoid frizz.